Tuesday, July 04, 2006

even the defamer.com writes about Captain Ahab , also r'n'r highschool graveyard screening

My old roommate, Lawrence Klein, is directing a third Captain Ahab video (see the other two - I've posted about this a million times) for a song from the Snakes on a Plane movie. The defamer.com, one of the most popular and nasty blogs out there, reposted Larry's craigslist post on their site. If you wanna be a "dirty dirty booty girl" this weekend - well you might get your chance if you respond to the ad. Shoot is in Burbank, CA.

Next horror review will be of the brutal A.I.D.S.-releated slasher, City in Panic (1986), from the legendary TransWorld Entertainment tape company.

Last night, I saw Rock 'n' Roll High School projected onto the side of a mausoleum (someone said Marilyn Monroe's body lies inside) at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery last night. It was surreal, Ramones music blasting in the cemetery, the movie playing not a hundred yards from Joey Ramone's grave. I believe Dee Dee is buried there as well. On hand were director Allan Arkush, star P.J. Soles, Sex Pistol Steve Jones, Henry Rollins, and Marky Ramone as well as some wack loudmouth (not Jones) from local corporate rock headquarters - "Indie" 103.1.


Fantastic, never before seen, Ramones concert footage (It's Alive) preceded the movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww...sorry I missed that.

I've been trying to find a schedule of when they play movies, but so far no such luck.

Life behind the Orange Curtain is tough.

Maybe you could point me in the right direction and tell me how to find out when (and what) movies are playing at Hollywood Forever?

:)