Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Umberto Lenzi's Man from Deep River (1972) to screen in Hollywood November 25th

Attention Hollywood locals, Adam Trash is showing The Man From Deep River on November 25th at midnight, for, of course, Regent Midnight Movies. I believe that this movie is the one movie that jump started the Italian cannibal film craze. Adam personally warned me not to attend as this movie unfortunately also set the bar for the amount of animal slaughter in these films. Thanks for the warning, I will not be there, but some of you may be the heartless bastards who dig that shit. Unfortunately for me, I'm a big fan of the cannibal films minus the real horror involved, but screenings of Cannibal Ferox (also Umberto Lenzi) and Cannibal Holocaust have left me cold. I recommend Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals for those seeking cannibal mayhem minus the ugly specter of animal abuse. Also coming soon - Grindhouse Film Festival on December 19th with Silent Night Bloody Night and Black Christmas, with Bob Clark possibly in attendance. I will surely speak more on that double bill as the date becomes closer. Last night's Grindhouse will also be receiving a full review here in the near future, perhaps a very in-depth review, as I loved 1983's The Young Warriors.

No comments: