Saturday, November 18, 2006

David DeCoteau

Frequent Charles Band film director, David DeCoteau, is on myspace. Sure, everyone is on myspace, but I think that this might be HIS actual page in that he actually uses it himself. I was reminded that I wanted to put up a link to his very interesting (and very gay) myspace page as I picked up Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama (a hilarious film) at a yardsale today for a dollar. By the way, today's yardsale in Studio City was supposed to have a special celebrity special guest, Irwin Keyes (Friday the 13th, House of 1000 Corpses, The Exterminator), but he was nowhere to be seen.

David DeCoteau may have made his best films early in his career. Creepozoids, Dr. Alien, Puppet Master III (probably the best of that series). Later Band movies were not as good - Shrieker (1997), The Killer Eye (1999), Prison of the Dead (2000). Today he makes gay slashers for here! Networks. See his imdb page.

Anyway, I'm a big fan. I'll hopefully bring you that Young Warriors screening review I promised. Did I mention that Debbie Gibson was in attendance? No joke, she was attending the double feature on a date.

No comments: