Monday, October 31, 2005

halloween: so f'n what?!

Saw II was fairly vile and I enjoyed it, but the movie I'm really looking forward to is Eli Roth's Hostel. The preview made it look like a picture in the vein of Saw, but I expect it will be in a league of its own.

I have not been watching AMC Monsterfest this year. Same lame Halloween and Scream sequels being shown as last year. A few good Amicus movies are played when no one is awake. Couldn't they mix it up or something?

I bought a record amount of Halloween costumes, props, and decorations this year, most of it intended for use in a drunk driving PSA we are filming in my TV Production class. It was not my idea to decorate the set like a Halloween party, but I'm pretty sure that if I had not been so enthusiastic about the idea, it would have been dropped. We've got a bunch of actors coming in to play the roles and it's got me nervous. Calling lists of people is not my specialty. You all will be pleased to learn that the PSA ends with two characters in a prison cell, with the end joke being that they are going to be sodomized.

On Halloween night we are going to a vegan restaurant for their Halloween party.

I think that I am offended by people who watch horror movies only on Halloween the same way that devout Catholics are offended by those who only go to church on Easter and Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, once November starts, it's time to start watching Christmas slasher flicks once again. This year, Christmas Evil and Silent Night, Deadly Night Part 2 are the movies I'll be checking out after having set them aside earlier in the year.

New links:

igloolounge.net - these guys put a link to this blog in their sidebar and will get one from me in return next template update. By the way, you might notice the new, user-friendly font and size change here. Anyhow, some good writing and good design over at Igloo Lounge. The content should interest a lot of my readers as well.

Hi-Def Horror - This blog talks about the future of our televisions. Hi-Def resolution and of course the 16:9 screen. The future of hi-def is uncertain because it's unknown when consumers will open up to it. When will the cutting edge nerds feel the need to replace all of their ordinary DVDs with newer hi-def DVDs? Is this just a huge swindle? You could look at it that way. Anyhow this blog is keeping up to date with the trends and discussing DVD editions of my kind of horror, Argento's Trauma and Deep Red, as well as the Tombs of the Blind Dead movies.

scareystuff.com - a newer link directory

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy halloWEen!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link back man. Keep up with the good posts.