Sunday, May 22, 2005

scenereport - costa mesa

I was walking home from work and I walked by what must have been a hardcore show at the Chinese restaurant. There were kids gathered out front, a girl working the door, vans parked out front, etc... Everyone was in black with that O.C. look, definitely a metalcore show. Some young kid in a wheelchair was there. I couldn't tell if there was something wrong with him or not. You can't tell just by looking at someone. He was there with a hardcore kid next to him, maybe a brother, I don't know, probably a good person and not someone who just gets paid to watch after him. Wheelchair Kid, preteen and dressed like a normal person (shorts and colored t-shirt), was babbling loudly to a bunch of really good looking fashionable kids on the curb, maybe just talking to everyone in his slurred voice, saying he was "an original metalhead" or something. A fascinating story I'm sure, but the scene kids sitting down seemed absolutely mortified that he was talking to them. They were turned away from him, looking only his way out of the corners of their eyes. Hey, maybe I'm misreading the situation, but it sure looked like he was not one of the crew. I did not stop to people watch or take in more of what was going on.

The most good looking stylish group you'll ever see and this wierdo was fucking it up, but making it obvious to me that some beauty is only skin deep.

I get uncomfortable around different people too. I have phobias, but I won't let them know it from now on. This situation, it just made me sick. Sexuality, affluence, hair styles, getting connected... Fuck hardcore kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was an all day OC fest! That's the best that a county of over 3,000,000 people and 18 institutions of higher learning can do.