Monday, September 18, 2006

phallic symbols on a colossal scale!! Idiocracy tops Romero's Dawn of the Dead on the subject of consumerism in America!

In case you missed it, I had a lot of good things to say about Idiocracy in my review, all without giving away and actual details about what happens on screen in the film. If you want it spoiled for you, too bad, because there is no trailer. What made me happy here was that the plot never got in the way of the jokes or the message of the film, instead it facilitated more jokes instead of running us through feel good motions that we could give a fuck about. That is my major problem with most comedies. I say keep the jokes coming, fuck the climax and resolution, just good characters and jokes, that is what I need.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you suggesting that you don't like dramadies? Dramadies are way better than comedies because comedies are a lower form of art than dramadies!!!!!!
I mean, how many comedies have won best picture oscars!?!?

don't you get it at all?

warrenzone said...

no, there are of course great comedies that have plots that work and are fully functioning movies, but I've seen lately a bunch of off the wall comedies that are full of funny bits, but when it comes to plugging the comedy into a story, well the story is poor. I say scrap the story and just throw sketch comedy at us - if that is all you've got.

warrenzone said...

and by the way, Idiocracy... it does have a plot that works - it is other movies that have let me down, most recently - Dick and Jane with Jim Carey.