Friday, April 06, 2007

Bob Clark and son killed by drunk driver

I'm sure some of you have heard about this already, director Bob Clark and his 22 yr-old son, Ariel Hanrath-Clark, were killed by a drunk driver in a head on collision, Wednesday night.

I previously wrote a long recap on Clark's last visit to the Hollywood Grindhouse Film Festival (now in the public eye thanks to Quentin Tarantino), where I raved about A Christmas Story, the original Black Christmas, and Clark's general enthusiasm and good nature. I believe he had also showed up for the December Grindhouse the previous year and was expected to continue doing so as part of a Christmas tradition.

Clark's movies, besides A Christmas Story and Black Christmas include Porky's, Porky's II: The Next Day, and the zombie films Deathdream and Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things. Clark's more recent films were not popular with critics or fans, Baby Geniuses and Baby Geniuses 2, but the man had more exciting projects up his sleeve.

I can't write an eloquent obituary, so this will have to suffice, but belive me I am upset and angry.

In breaking news, Clark's killer has been deported.

No comments: