Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"Cigarette burns On her arms From her mom and her friend"

I spent eleven hours using Final Cut Pro in the lab today. No food breaks - no problem, but no coffee breaks... I was getting irritable. At one point I just had to tell myself to cool it, cause I was stuck and in a position where even a patient man might be driven to smash something. It took 4 different computers for me to output my mini-doc and I went about it the same way on each one. Computers DO blunder. Anyway, an internet version of this should be showing up at the end of the week. It's not horror related, but it's got an interview with Cub, in fact, she is the star... once again.

Saturday night, 45 Grave played up the street in Huntington Beach. You should all be familiar with them if you've seen Return of the Living Dead. "Partytime" plays over the closing credits. Hear it over at the
45 Grave myspace. Anyway, Dinah Cancer looked fantastic. The room kind of cleared when 45 Grave played. Most of the crowd was there for D.I., who I have come to love, having gone to see them 4 times in the last 6 months. Battalion of Saints played as well. They were fuckin' loud, hearing damage loud. Second time seeing them, first time was ten years ago in Boston, at the Middle East when they toured with The Business.

By the way, I love these 21+ punk shows. Without the kids, you can see legendary bands struggle to fill a small room. I like it laid back that way.

45 Grave photos... click to view!

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I should have got a pic of Battalion of Saints' amp with an excellent Dawn of the Dead head painting on it.

Unrelated news: I will not be at the Fangoria convention in Burbank this year.

No comments: