Monday, December 12, 2005

finally some dissonance

Larry said my video was awful. Finally someone has spoken their mind. His rock video for this band Captain Ahab is finished and I saw it. Not sure if I'm allowed to talk about it, since it has not debuted. From the Captain Ahab website: "So, the insanely awesome music video for "I Can't Believe it's Not Booty" (directed by Lawrence Klein) will be premiering at the Smell on December 29. Holy shit. I can't wait." Yes that's right, there is a premier date in downtown Los Angeles.

What's similar about my video and his? Well, two of the same stars for one, though maybe that's the end of the similarities. They both have blood, but his has more blood and then some. There is dirty stuff in this that you can't even put into horror movies. You just aren't allowed to shoot these things. I will be at the premier.

News I read from UHM:

Marebito - Wow, what a letdown. From the internet buzz this film has been gettin' I expected more, especially since it's getting a limited theatrical run December 9th here in the US. Apparently director Takashi Shimizu shot this film in a matter of 8 days, between Ju-On: The Grudge, and its US remake simply entitled The Grudge. Takashi is goin' back to his direct-to-video micro-budget route with this film, basically shooting the movie in a consumer-brand digital video cam, so it has that gritty realism/low-budget look to it. The film does prove to be creepy at times, but it's ultimately left unsatisfying.

The rest of the review is
here. It convinced me not to go.

Also: Puppet Master 10 to be shot in about a year. More Puppet Master news in my next post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only gave you constructive critcism. I'm soory if i was too mean

warrenzone said...

Not mean enough! I need more criticism!