Saturday, June 25, 2005

Ms. 45 (1981) rape/revenge

Abel Ferrara's masterpiece. Feminism or exploitation? I really think this film is brilliant enough to be a good influence on this world, and it is rare that I would enjoy a movie that has such positive intentions. A mute woman is raped by two scums. The first is Ferrara in a mask. Gradually she works her way up to becoming an accomplished killer. You've just got to see what this movie does with the music to understand why it's so perfect, like a polished, better-timed version of Ferrara's Driller Killer.


The widley ripped-off cover for Ms. 45

Abel Ferrara is best known for Bad Lieutenant. Here is a snippet from an article about that movie - which I found here.

While not up to a Video Nasty certificate, BAD LIEUTENANT's drug scenes, sexual assaults and frontal nudity are pretty intense. Ferrara blasted the American ratings board for levying a more restrictive NC-17 rating, which limits distribution as well as advertising. "The rating system is anachronistic, like a push lawn mower. It's not even hip enough to be funny." But he is comfortable with the film's success in spite of its tag. "Theatres are gonna book anything that sells tickets. Theatres would book live sex acts – who cares, you know what I'm saying? And the studios will do anything that makes money. If Julia Roberts is going to finger-fuck herself in a closeup, I'm sure that somebody out there will put up the bread, you know what I mean? So that's where it's at."

fun fact: Zoƫ Lund, who plays the heroin in Ms. 45, co-wrote Bad Lieutenant with Ferrara.


so cub, are men really as scummy as the guys in Ms. 45?

The only type of guy who rapes women is one who is inadequate in every way. AS you might know, even in the animal kingdom the alpha male never has to rape..... same applies to us humans. So my dear, I can't say that ALL men are as scummy as in Ms. 45, it's only the losers who can't get any that are. I already found my alpha male ;)

are you going to buy a nun outfit now?

Sorry, but I don't find the nun outfit alluring in any way. Come on..... would you want to put on a priest outfit? Sacrilegious cub!!!!!

bonus: two rape/revenge reviews from the past by me

Naked Vengeance

The Ladies Club on imdb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Joys of Abel Ferrera know no end.