Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Zombie 4: After Death (1988)

I gave you guys the lowdown on the Zombie series back in my review of Zombie 5 ten days ago. The one detail I did not mention is that this movie is actually a year newer than Zombie 5. Oh how can this be! Does your brain hurt? Zombie 5, was originally just called Killing Birds, it got added to the Zombie series later on. The same could be the case for Zombie 4: After Death, though at least Claudio Fragasso and Rossella Drudi were writers on Zombi 3. If you're still confused, just let it go. I'll talk about the film.

Plenty of gore. Funny looking zombies... though not necessarily cheep looking.


These are not the actual zombies from the film, rather these guys are from a picture on the back of a record by the New York Hardcore band Burn. The original picture is in color (I think) and this image came to my mind each times the zombies were shown in group shots. I guess I'm saying the zombies were a bit theatrical looking, not totally realistic, though once again I'll say that they did not look cheep.

The zombies do talk, a bit, which is not as lame as it sounds. That shoot M-16s too. I hope I am not giving too much away.


Zombie 4: After Death

DVD extras: I don't like to review these. I enjoyed seeing Claudio Fragasso speak, but a recap of his interview here in this blog would just be like everything I hate about the Fangoria Magazine DVD section. Nerds, got lost. Shit talking... hell yes! Going into detail about DVD specs... fuck no! Save it for the action figure collectors.

now for Cub Speaks

Why did you say the attacking zombies were like ninjas?

Obviously dear bear, the reason I said the attacking zombies were like ninjas is because they LOOKED like ninjas, with their turbans, robes, moves, etc. I am disappointed with you bear.... is this the best question you could come up with for Cub Speaks? Low IQ bear!!!!!!!!!

The eye popping out didn't even bug you in this movie (cub has a big phobia about eyes). What was the matter, was it too fake? It was the only time I've ever seen the lid come of with the eye...

You are right hunny... this eye popping scene did not bug me one bit, which is rare. It is actually the only time I was able to watch an eye gouging scene without having to peak through my hands (or entirely shutting my eyes)!!! The lid coming off with the eye actually made it easier for me to watch the scene because it looked totally fake. It was funny rather than scary. I was brave.... you were proud of me cub!

So do you even want to watch Zombi 3 anymore?

Believe it or not, I still want to watch Zombi 3, especially if we could cuddle and I could cling on to you during the eye gouging scenes. Bring out the walking dead!

(she has not seen Fulci's Zombie/Zombi 2, Fulci has a thing for eyes)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet you don't even have a girlfriend named Cub. I bet you're just some stupid internet shittalker with a made-up girlfriend who sold out hardcore for Tegan and Sara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fight Paris rulez ur ballz!