Thursday, November 25, 2004

Cathy's Curse (1977)

This movie is pretty easy to find. Cathy can move objects with her brain, conjure up bugs and snakes, and talk in a demonic voice. There are a couple of good scenes when she gets the old caretaker drunk and they terrorize a baby-sitter with some nasty profanity. A mildly entertaining film.


Let's dispel the first myth, the doll does not go on a psychotic rampage. It moves twice... barely.

Cathy's Curse must have fallen into the public domain. Here is a version of it that you can pick up at dollar store chains. I've complained about hideous cover art before... I bet lots of morons actually think they are buying a movie with this 90's goth chick in it.

I've got a bunch of shit to talk about, let's see what I can remember. I've been busy, which is pretty remarkable.

website work - I made a first draft of a website for a local hair salon and yes I'm getting paid! Thank God they use only products not tested on animals. When this site is done, I'll put up a link.

Thanksgiving - Millions of turkeys killed. I don't like to think about it.

I got an e-mail from a horror author who found my name on the internet by typing "L.A." and "horror" into a search engine. You know I think that it's really cool to be able to be found that way.. He says his book is at the Los Angeles public library. Here is a link.

Gifted Trust

My top ten favorite hardcore bands list went over well. Two more lists are on the way. People love to read these kinds of lists in magazines. Me, I hate them, but I aim to please, and writing them is more fun then reading them and saying, "what the fuck were these guys thinking". My new least favorite magazine to read would be the UK metal weekly Kerrang!, I just hate it in so many ways. For a while I thought UK mags were way ahead of their U.S. counterparts, but we are catching up with better design and more attitude than before. Soon those snotty British bastards won't be trendsetters anymore!

No comments: