Tuesday, September 27, 2005

amateur hour - short shock video of Cub

If I run out of bandwith (sceneholocaust.com is hosting) and nothing downloads you can see the video here at Putfile. It was made for an assignment called 'camera test' in my film class.

It is silent. I added the Fear song 'Beef Bologna', but that did not work for me. I tried the Carnivore song 'Sex and Violence', but did not like that either. This video is very short.

You must PUSH PLAY to view the video. May not work in some browsers, leave a comment at the bottom if you have trouble. It is is WMV file and can be downloaded here if you need to view it outside of this page.








DID YOU PUSH PLAY right above these words?, then it should work, leave a comment if trouble...

fun facts:

The assignment was for in-camera editing. Despite lots of planning in advance, everything went wrong and the video did not meet some of the requirements. I did edit it for this internet screaning so you can't see what was wrong, but some shots ran too long and two takes of the same shot were on the tape. I decided to do shoot another video quickly because I feared that this one would land me a low grade. The next tape was of Cub in a bikini by the pool. She looked great, but the tape was unimpressive. I decided that the unedited desert tape may have been better and was glad I had not scrapped it. I screaned both to the class. Grade: unkown at this point.

The video was shot in Palm Springs near the visitor center. Initialy cub was supposed to be crawling through the dirt in the middle of nowhere, but we found all this junk and decided to go with a post-apocalyptic thing on the fly.

We had to split moments after the last shot where Cub raises her hands in front of the sun. A schizophrenic desert person was comming over the hills straight towards us. He was about 50 yards away, talking to himself, and unaware that we were there. Cub is lucky I did not make her do a scene on his matress, which was lying near the junkpile. I wanted to reshoot that last scene, but did not because this guy was comming. Cub was out of there so quickly that she did not even pass to me the headless lizard prop that she is holding in the scene. It was still in her hand when we reached the car. I gathered up my shit so quickly that I'm lucky I did not leave the tripod or the lense cap or the manual out there. The lizard heads remains in that spot. I placed it on top of the abandoned dishwasher shown in scene one. I dare anyone to go out there and grab it, that is if the crazy desert men did not stash it away somewhere. Happy hunting.

1 comment:

warrenzone said...

OK I OFTEN GET SPAM BUT THIS IS TOO MUCH!!! probably because I had to edit this post so much to get it working just right!!!!!!!

you guys can leave real comments now if you like...