Wednesday, August 31, 2005

how we rock

Sometimes I like to talk current events in this blog, but I'm at a loss for words about the hurricane. I'm watching the news, but I can't draw any conclusions. No one is too blame. It's not fair and it's a horrible disaster. I can only be thankful that I'm not there. Sorry to everyone affected.

Well, that was awkward, perhaps more so than my posts about abortion.

downloading rare records - because downloading rare movies is too hard. Disclaimer: I don't think these bands are getting screwed by the downloads. This exposure should just get people to go out and find their in print records and reissues. I've course I always buy used records, so I'm of little help, but I guess even that keeps the demand up. Besides, the people who scream 'support the scene' the loudest are the ones who get all the free promos and guest passes. Send promos my way...

um... never mind, I'm not putting my address up on here.

something I learned today - bunches of songs from older American punk bands including The Angry Samoans (they are playing again this month in Huntington Beach) and the Big Boys whose singer Randy "Biscuit" Turner passed away this month. R.I.P.

dressed for the h bomb - selections from The Mob (awesome NYHC), Gism, and Fear on Saturday Night Live. You can watch two of the songs on an mpg file! Introduced by Donald Pleasance, though that bit is cut off.


dressed for the h bomb put this pic up in their blog too - as far as I can tell it's the only picture on the web pertaining to that episode...

Middle Aged Youth - I downloaded the Coroner demo. Also, great stuff from the Verbal Assault album Trial. On the Verbal Assault website you can download ten live from songs from 1988!

Church of Thee Nihilistic Goat - once again, there are a bunch of records for download in the comments sections...

medication: a buddyhead mp3 blog - This one I like for the writing, and they put up mp3 samples of every overlooked 90's band that they write up. Their blog may be on the path you took to get here, since it is often my largest provider of traffic besides the search engines.


I have not forgotten, that true rock music is only played by the Octopus Garden... I mean, I have not forgotten about my vacation pictures with four haunted houses and more roadside attractions to show you.

More horror reviews to come...

No comments: