Saturday, November 19, 2005

super-shit projects!

If everyone I've got lined up to be in my video shoot next weekend shows up, I'm going to have some pretty fun shit on tape. It's the last, and perhaps only real, horror shoot of the semester. Others in my class are shooting horror too, predictably, at least one zombie movie. My movie is intended to be a killer bear/killer prowler/screaming girls type of work that I'm hoping people will get. My main worry is sound. Lights and editing don't have me very nervous at all. This video is in no way influenced by Asian horror.

Also this week, a TV production project that I'm in part producing. I'm in charge of props and secured one of the two talents, no big deal compared to my last production, a more complex project.. The set is gonna be on the shitty side, we are laying down some fabric or a table cloth for a red carpet and using some Christmas lights I bough at Target for aisle lights.

The script here is a pretty funny skit based on Siskel and Ebert type show, where two critics run down there top three movies of the year. We've got one smart critic and a bonehead critic, whose pics are Stealth, xXx: State of the Union, and Be Cool. I did not write the script, so I forget what the smart guys pics were, two indie movies I've never heard of, though the third is Oldboy which I reviewed sometime in the past year, but I can't find it in my own archives. I must have reviewed it alongside another title as sometimes I go over multiple movies in a post.

Well, snow fucking what? Right?

More tapes came in the mail today. The apartment is a sea of boxes again, well boxes and rabbit crap, thanks to Bun Bun. I get in large packages for my new job, which is interesting. It involves going out in the night and making Orange County a little bit uglier, one sign at a time. One dollar per sign, hundreds of fucking signs! Is this loser central?

I re-watched Hatchet for the Honeymoon the other night. Mario Bava is great with the hard-cut transitions, it's a beautiful movie and looked good on the mid-priced DVD from Madacy Entertainment Group. I had a really poor tape of this movie before. The DVD is a double-feature with the completely unrelated Anatomy for a Psycho, a dark black & white picture that deals with capitol punishment, revenge, and family. A much heavier movie than I expected.

Cub and I say Hatchet for the Honeymoon is one of the greatest and a must see, especially for fans of the 2000 movie, American Psycho.

No comments: