Sunday, October 15, 2006

Blood Orgy of the She Devils last night at Regent Midnight Movies

We got from Venice Beach to the Regent in Hollywood in well under a half hour after attending a wrap party for the Flags of Our Fathers movie. Of course Regent Midnight Movies starts late, so we could have took our time. The crowd was pretty small as I think most people know that Blood Orgy of the She Devils sucks. This print was loaned from Ted V. Mikels himself. I actually half enjoyed the picture. It's the best Mikels film I've seen. I will admit that I did try to take a nap, but failed due to uncomfortable seats and crippling freezing cold. Yeah, I admit I have no body fat, but I was wearing two t-shirts, a hoody, and a bomber jacket zipped up, plus a hat and I pulled up my hood. The is no explanation for this sub zero temperature in a movie theater.

My friend took a smoking break and was gone for easily 60% of the movie and this was a relief to me as when he was present he consistently yelled drunken obscenities at the screen. If there had been more than ten people there, someone would have minded. I think every person was drunk, but me. I'm not putting down Regent Midnight Movies, I will be there for Bloodsucking Freaks on the 21st and I expect the crowd to be hot and significantly larger than last night's crowd. I actually did win the raffle last night, I shit you not, and won a poster from some William Lustig movie.

Adam Trash picked a significantly better short film to open the movie this week compared to the awful highway patrol movie from last week. He played some movie about a circus family juggling and spliced a bunch of the best gore scenes from Pieces into the middle of it. I was amused.

Blood Orgy, I know this is gonna sound weird, might be a movie better enjoyed in the comfort of your own home, so you can take breaks, naps in bed, read at a book at the same time, or whatever. One scene is particularly brutal, where a witch is stoned at point blank range, even if the rocks are obviously foam or paper, as she is getting hit in the face with them and stuff.

I gotta say that the "Indian" seance scene is a must see where the head witch speaks as a Native American brave and says everything short of "How" to a crowd of white clients. This is NOT a direct quote, but imagine stuff like "You should no take the giant silver bird across the great water".

No comments: