Sunday, February 04, 2007

back 2 basics

I'm watching a horror tape for the first time since God knows when. This one is just what I need to get me to sleep. I've got an early morning tomorrow.

The video? Crawlers, known in some parts as Troll 3, who knows why? I guess once the Italians got their hands on the franchise they could not let go. Fabrizio Laurenti and Joe D'Amato direct under American pseudonyms. Yes, it is THAT Joe D'Amato who did Anthropophagous: The Beast, Buio Omega, Emanuelle and the Last Cannibals, and a bunch more European classics. I guess most of the European director's that we love took a dive in the 90's. Yeah, you probably know that this movie is crap and I really am a sucker for having wanted to see it for so long. It's edited like shit, it's written like shit, and it's even shot like shit. Avoid.

No comments: