Monday, October 09, 2006

Blood Orgy of the She Devils, Bloodsucking Freaks, at Regent Midnight Movies

Recently single, I've been going out a lot, to many different types of things. Last night I was treated to free tickets to see L.A. Guns. While my favorite forms of music tend to be thrash and the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, I've never really stopped listening to the bands that got me into metal as a kid. What I'd like to share about L.A. Guns is that there were tons of attractive girls at this show, not what I expected. In fact, the washed up nasty hair metal chicks of the past (now middle-aged) were pretty much completely absent. There is a new generation of girls replacing them, and that could not have been around during the late 80's.

Oh, the Sunset Strip-rocking males of the 80's, they ARE still around. They look like shit now, too bad.

So I did not meet any girls at L.A. Guns, oh no... I'm am the weirdo that goes to stuff like Grindhouse and ends up sitting alone. Since the Grindhouse Film Festivals are not enough, my friend Adam has started his own midnight Saturday nights at the Regent on La Brea. Zombie was this Saturday's show and it was wicked sick. That movie is about 1000 times better on the big screen. I think that this is Adam's personal print and is one of the first print's that he ever bought. It is in great shape. October 14th will be Blood Orgy of the She Devils. October 21st will be Bloodsucking Freaks. It's seven dollars per night - here are all the details. Lots of good trailers from Adam's collection role before the movie. Will I be at every show? I'm not sure, but probably most of them. Oh yeah, in the spirit of Grindhouse there is a raffle. I have not won one of these in a long time. Rig that shit for me please!

No comments: